Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I made it! Aloha!







My head and Diamond head (hehe)

I got on the plane this morning, kicked of my shoes and prayed for a smooth journey and a refreshing trip to Hawaii.  It was nice except for when we were about to land and I realized I had lost one of shoes!  I started picturing someone two rows down picking up my sandal and asking who's it was.  Then I'd have to sheepishly claim it and everyone would know I had my shoes off on the plane.  I also pictured standing at the baggage claim without my shoes while people looked at me in pity.  I panicked for a few minutes while trying to look cool, but before the last person deplaned I found my shoe and all was well.




I landed at 11am and had a whole day in front of me.  I took the shuttle to Waikiki.  The traffic of Honolulu stressed me out.  I'm glad I'm staying here for a couple days, but the idea of rural Molokai sounds so much better to me.   I checked into my fabulous boutique hotel and set out to hunt and gather food.  Okay, so I just went to the end of the block and ordered take out from Roy's.  In the next few hours I walked around the shops, took a dip in the ocean (okay got my butt kicked by the waves), Caught an outdoor show celebrating Hula Week, bought my dinner from the ABC store and retired early since I'm a bit jetlagged.  Ah the island life :)

Tomorrow I'm taking surf lessons by the pool even though I don't know how to swim.





2 comments:

Jeya said...

sounds awesome! take an extra dip in the ocean for me :)

Unknown said...

I'm glad you made it. However its been more than ten days since your last post and I'm kinda curious as to what you've been up to in the Islands. Don't keep us in suspense.