Thursday, July 24, 2008

24 hours in Maui






Well, more like 36 hours.  Gina and I left Molokai this morning and caught the 5:30am ferry to Maui.  She is flying out to Seattle tomorrow and wanted some time to actually get to shop (Molokai's shopping is not quite up to par).  I have taken several pictures of the sunsets here, but this  morning I took my one and only picture of the sun rising.  The trip was good for me, but several people (including Gina) got really seasick as the water was really choppy from the trade winds.  

We checked into the Royal Laihana (Priceline steal) and the first thing I thought of was "Jesus Loves me!"  It's a beautiful room with a great lanai and view of the beach.  We shopped all day, and had an amazing dinner.  My first time having filet mignon!  SOOOO good!  We also had some really great conversations about what God has been teaching us in Molokai, love, relationships, how to use our gifts and other great life topics. For me, I am learning lots of lessons on my relationship with God and with others.  More on that later.  

I'm pretty sure all of our new island boys friends loved getting to know her this past week too. They came over last night, sat on our lanai and serenaded her on the ukulele.  It was really sweet.

1 comment:

Anna said...

you are living the life!