Saturday, April 25, 2009

Time to commit to this blog thing

How did I become an Inadvertent Nun?  Well, I'm single and I don't hook up with anyone just to hook up and as a result I've been single for much longer than I'd like to share with the bloggersphere.  And I spend my days talking to God, thinking about how things to relate to God, and wearing a habit.  And by "habit" I mean Joe Jeans and a JCrew top with Chaco flips.  I didn't set out to become a Protestant Nun (thus the inadvertent part), but for now that's just how it is.  And for those of you who aren't sure.... there are no such things as Protestant Nuns (that I know of), but my life seems to fit the self-description.

As the recession goes it looks like I will be out of job in a couple months.  I run a faith-based non-profit that mobilizes adult volunteers to bring healthy role models to teens.  We are mainly dependent on private donors and as the state of the economy goes, people are holding their discretionary money close and giving has been down.  Down enough that I will have to find another means to make a living.  I'm hoping I can still help kids in the next gig.

So it looks like I will soon have more time to chillax and therefore blog.  Just a warning.

No comments: