Thursday, April 9, 2009

blocked

I've been sitting in front of my computer for days now.  I need to prepare 3 sermons for my friends retreat in San Diego.  The theme:  Loving God.

My tan from Molokai is long gone (although being brown skinned it's hard to tell) and my memories are only prolonged by pictures I have on my desktop and around my room.  How could I have such an incredible experience with God and now sit blankly, faced with the idea of sharing how to develop a deeper relationship with God?  I'm a little worried that I have nothing to say.  What have I shown for my relationship with God in the past 8 months that I've been back on the mainland?

What I can say is that I've had a much stronger trust that He loves me and wants to bless me more than ever before.  There are things I have been waiting on that would have caused me much stress before.  Now, I just sit and wait knowing that God met me on Molokai and that God will meet me today in Daly City.  

1 comment:

amy said...

...and that others meet God through the honest, raw, blessed person that you are. Now see if God can catch up to you in the next 2 weeks!