Saturday, August 16, 2008

In pursuit of Agape

I am thankful that I didn't have to jump back into work right after my Molokai experience.  Instead, I have the freedom to apply all that I learned to my relationships unencumbered by Young Life needs.  The problem with a relational ministry like Young Life is that all your relationships seem to gravitate around the ministry for the good and the bad.

I am in pursuit of agape.  During my time in SF and now here in Seattle I have been spending time with as many people as I can without feeling like I'm "fitting them in".    It's been wonderful to spend genuine time with friends and family.  I've been able to spend real time with people, without worry of a next engagement.  There is a joy in being able to truly spend time without looking at the clock on my cell phone.  There is a joy in wanting to be with each other more because the present moment is so sweet.

I am finding that in a pursuit of agape, one cannot take any moment of a relationship for granted.  It is a gift to enjoy, cherish, and devour.

No comments: