Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Unplanned

I had big plans for the two weeks that I would be in Seattle. I thought, "I'm going to hit the gym every day and I'll see everyone I know in Seattle and spend quality time catching up with all of them." I think I've accomplished 1/4 of that. I haven't hit the gym once and I've made it worse by eating at my favorite burger place DIck's Drive In. Okay, I didn't do a "SuperSize Me" thing, (although I would if I could get away with it). I only went to Dick's once, but I feel like I've been eating fried everything-else for the past two weeks.

As for seeing everyone I know in Seattle. That hasn't quite worked out either. Since I slept the first week I was here I've lost valuable catching up time. Now I am seeing who I can and hoping the rest can forgive me. I'll be back in Seattle in August for my cousin's wedding so maybe I can catch up with more folks then.

One unplanned but pleasant surprise has been my time with my grandmother and cousin Jay's family. I don't get to see my mother's side of the family often since they live in Ontario, Canada but it's really nice when I do, eh?

No comments: